Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Motor oil removal?

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:22:16 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
I carelessly spilled some motor oil on the front of my truck when adding a

quart. I tried spraying 409 household cleaner on it and rinsing it. No

help. Tried the 409 and rubbing with paper towels. Little help.

To save me experimenting (and buying) other cleaners, any suggestions?

Probably gasoline would work but I don't have any or a container for it.

TIA

Same happened to me, it ate right into the clear coat. Use a degreaser and then buff it out with polishing compound. Paper towels ain't going to get it. Pick up some terry towels, old sock or something like that. Als oget a large can of elbow grease.