Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Goodmans Module 80 - SOLVED !!!!

On 11/02/14 11:49, Davey wrote:
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:50:10 +0000
Davey wrote:

On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:11:18 +0000
Davey wrote:

snip

Soon I'll be able to play my freshly rebuilt Pioneer PL-12D deck
through the Goodmans!

Nearly there, but not quite.

I fitted all the new caps, with the exception of the two C69s, which
are too difficult to get at without a complete dismantling of the
board's wires etc. Two caps unchanged, out of 20 or more. If I
ultimately have to change them, then I will do so.
Replaced the damaged resistor.
Checked that the cassette player would play through both channels,
Balance and Volume controls worked, etc.
Re-assembled everything, including outer casing. Repeated cassette
player check.
Brought FM aerial down to workbench from usual location, plugged into
socket.
Selected FM, no sound except for a very faint cross-talk, when at full
volume, from the cassette player. No FM, though. The Tuning lights
appear to respond, so the failure is somewhere after them.
Oh dear. Back to the diagram and interior of the Module 80. When I get
more time.
Grrr.

One day.......

I fixed that ok, it was just a broken wire. But I then dragged the
record deck down, and plugged that in, and there is only one channel
getting through the system. More debugging.

That was the track you broke earlier.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.