Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Oh Crap, Now We Have An Ice Storm On The Way

On 2/11/2014 3:44 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

Eh. I just go to bed when the power goes out. We have electric heat
and it gets cold! Does your gas heat stay on when the power goes out?
When it goes out at my mom's house, she loses her heat.

I've had friends with electric heat. Yes,
it gets cold, and fast. I think it's a good
idea to have something that burns propane
(camp stove, or infrared heater) and a bunch
of tanks.

Typically, the gas stays on. Most furnace need
power to open the gas valve and run the blower.

Burners on the top of a gas range usually work,
might have to light em with a match.

--
..
Christopher A. Young