Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Oh Crap, Now We Have An Ice Storm On The Way

That little generator might run a furnace blower motor. What have you
used it to run? The largest generator I installed for a home was a 40kw
Kohler and it would run everything in the house. I got my late friend GB
to build a doghouse that matched the home as a cover for the big genset.
^_^

TDD

I'm not (Pete) but my finding is that a 1200 watt
ETQ brand gas mixer generator did run furnace for
a friend of mine. Big belt drive blower, too.

I've not tried refrigerators, though. They take
more start up current.

The doghouse sounds like a good idea for cover. Might
muffle the sound, also.

When the power goes off, I look up and down the street.
Try not to appear better off than my neighbors. I
usually go with a couple candles and oil lamps, which
also put out heat. Propane two mantle lamp is excellent
for both heat and light.

--
..
Christopher A. Young