Default Need psyciatric advice

On 27 Jul 2004 07:11:49 -0700, (DonkeyHody)
wrote:

George,
I feel your pain. I'm "helping" the kids build a tree house. Nothing
fancy, just an 8X12 deck, dead level, built around two trees that are
about 3 feet apart, cantilevered off the trees with no other support;
with a gabled roof and plywood walls, painted to match the house. No
glass in the windows or paneling on the interior walls or anything
fancy like that. But I have to keep reminding myself that it's just a
tree house. I find myself obsessing over each joint, and each
surface, just like you described. I can hear the voice of some fellow
woodworker point out some place where a joint isn't tight, or an edge
isn't rounded over. Or worse; the silence that goes with contempt. I
don't even have any woodworkers who come over to critique my work,

sure, glad to help out, from right here in my chair....

"You're not just going to leave it like that, are you?"

"I dunno, y'think that's strong enough?"

"Nah. that board's too crooked to use there."

"Woah! you can see that gap from the street!"

"Geeze... sand it down a little, willya... kids are gonna be using
this thing..."

"man, I hate it when I hit my thumb like that. hurt bad?"