Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ADSL over coax (AKA I don't know anything about ADSL)

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:44:39 +0000, tony sayer wrote:

I wonder if we'll ever get a Google fibre style company in the UK?

????....

I think he means a company that installs FTTP. I doubt there will
ever be a national one that covers everywhere. FTTC sort of works OK
in densly populated areas. Move out into rural ones and the costs of
digging 2 miles to connect a customer aren't economic for a
commercial company.

There are a number number of community systems installed or very soon
to be. Fibre GarDen in Garsdale/Dentdale springs to mind.

--
Cheers
Dave.