Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do NOT PUT Fabric Softener in the BLEACH Dispenser!!

On Monday, February 10, 2014 3:56:05 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/10/2014 10:35 AMail.com wrote:

10:20 AM wrote:

Everything you wrote here should be implied as understood. Of COURSE bleach goes in my bleach dispenser during the fill stage of the wash cycle! How ****ing STUPID do you people think I am?! Do I have "Bush" written on my forehead?!

The directions on the bottle are "Add to the machine dispenser or final rinse." - EXACT WORDS.

I took that to mean 'don't add directly to laundry', and so poured the correct amount into the bleach dispenser during fill-up for rinse cycle.

But it does NOT say BLEACH dispenser. Most have a softener dispenser

or a cup of some sort in the agitator to hold it. If not, I'd just

dilute it and dump it into the rinse water. That stuff gets gummy after

a time.

Which is why the instructions on this bottle - BY THE WAY ALSO IN SPANISH!! - should be given a closer look by whoever writes them.

Instead of putting bilingual instructions, put them only in ENGLISH, since this IS The United States last time I checked, and there'd be room for more concise directions on a machine-by-machine basis.

Hint Stormin Mormon: Enforcing English in this country is something we should all be conservative about.