Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cold water inlet temperature

On Monday, February 10, 2014 12:36:33 PM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Monday, February 10, 2014 11:40:30 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

I am wondering if prolonged cold spells substantially reduce the temperature

of the water entering a house from the city water service . . .

Yes. Our tap water varies from lukewarm in the summer to ice cold in the winter, in central Virginia.

In coming water is definitely colder here in suburban NJ in winter too.
That's why it's good to have automatic temp adjusting on washing
machines. The older ones just gave you cold, half and half for warm,
or hot. Newer/better ones mix it to the correct temp. In winter
mine adds some amount of hot water, even if you have it set to
cold.