Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Virginia wants $160,000 back

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 8:23:23 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 9 Feb 2014 06:18:46 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:

They're all misleading here. Fox says the $250K appears to have been

a "fair" price. On what basis? The state says they aren't asking for

their money back, but they are suing the owner for exactly that.

Interesting case. IDK how the laws and case law work on something like

this.

Contract law? A "meeting of the minds" at sale. My guess.

Yeah, except the state is one party, and that could make a difference.
Also, how the mistake was made could matter too. Like suppose you
had multiple drafts of a sales contract where the price was
$90,000, everybody had seen those, got used to it, and then in
the final one someone somehow cut and pasted incorrectly and made
it $250,000? In that case, clearly the meeting of the minds was
at the $90K price and the $250K price would be a mistake that I'm
sure you could reverse, if the facts prove it was clearly a mistake
and not the agreed on price. Problem with this one is there is no
mention of how it happened.