Posted to alt.home.repair
Lab Lover Lab Lover is offline

Default Virginia wants $160,000 back

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 08:03:47 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/10/2014 7:17 AM, Lab Lover wrote:
On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 07:20:31 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/8/2014 8:02 PM, Oren wrote:
Buyer's remorse. Bought land 30 feet from home owners bedroom
window.

Video:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3171625043001/buyers-remorse-state-says-it-overpaid-for-homeowners-yard/#sp=show-clips

Court is in session on Monday.

I think it's funny/ironic since government usually comes in and
seizes the property at gunpoint claiming eminent domain and if the
property owner gets anything it could be a tiny amount of money
the owner must accept with a gun pointed at his head. We've had a
lot of slimy eminent domain crap go on in my area where people had
their taxes assessed at an insane rate in order to force them to
sell their property to a corporation that wanted it and in some
cases government took their property so a shopping center could be
built in order for that government to get more sales tax. o_O

When a government entity acquires a piece of property from a private
owner, even if the process of condemnation is used, it is common
place for both parties to hire a private, licensed property
appraiser.

Appraisers are usually indemnified against errors and omissions by a
O&E insurance policy. If the price paid by the state was based upon
such an appraisal, the logical recourse would be to go after the
appraiser.

If they purchased without an appraisal or ignored the appraisal
completely, I would speculate they have little chance of success.
However, if they can prove the seller materially misrepresented the
property, they might have legitimate recourse.

If I were a member of the jury, on the basis of the known facts, I
would find in favor of the homeowner.

The one thing about government and the law that most people don't
understand is that the authorities tell the citizens/subjects "Do as we
say or we'll kill you." That's how the law works. If government
enforcers come to your home and tell you that you must do something and
you say no, the enforcers will tell you that they're going to take you
away in chains and if you fight back, they will kill you. See it's
simple so just prostrate yourself in front of government enforcers and
they may not kill you, maybe kick you in the head and drag you away but
you might live. ^_^

I see where you might have gotten confused. The issue we are discussing is
taking place in Virginia, USA, Not the PRC or DPRK.