Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default long 1/4" hex shank screwdriver bit sets

On 2014-02-10, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Cydrome Leader wrote:

I was at Menards in Chicago and they had 6" hex drivers in blister packs
with the round shafts. It wasn't complete sets, but you could grab packs
of #2 and flat drivers if you wanted. It was $5 or $6 per pack, and they
seemed to be taiwanese-ish looking.

It looks like their nearest store is 800 miles from me so I doubt
that I'll ever shop at any of their stores.

http://www.menards.com/main/storeLocator.html

I've gotten blister packs of assorted long-shank hex drive
screwdriver bits -- straight, Phillips, Torx, Robertson, Allen and even
security versions of some of the above -- at stores which sell
electronic parts and tools. And they have handled a *lot* of use and
abuse.

The one I used was local, and not part of a chain, so naming it
will not be much help to you unless you are in the Washington
DC/Northern VA area. But the same sort should be found elsewhere. I'll
bet that you can find Jensen Tools on the web, and they will likely have
them -- but probably a bit more expensive than you expect.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail