Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Virginia wants $160,000 back

nestork wrote:
Steve F.;3195290 Wrote:

- Whoosh!-

LOL!

Happens all the time. We don't realize how much of our interpersonal
communication is non-verbal until you get on the internet. The way we
say things, the expression on our face, the tone of our voice and even
our body language provide other people with signals on how to correctly
interpret what we say. On the internet, all of those non-verbal clues
are missing, and so it's easy to misinterpret things. We've invented
emoticons and smilies just to help put the correct spin on the way a
statement is to be interpreted.

I'm glad you used the word _help_.

Smilies and emoticons _help_ but don't eliminate the problem. Apparently
the smilie I used was missed/ignored/misinterpreted by Monsieur Shumway.

It happens. No biggy.