Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I have no water

On 2/9/2014 10:32 AM, willshak wrote:
The ice in the pipe is sealing the crack, if there is one.
When the outside temps start rising above freezing, The ice in the pipe
will melt and unseal the crack. That's when the water will pour into the
house.

pipes in numerous houses belonging to 'snowbirds' (people
who spend the winters in Florida) froze because no one was home to see
that there was no water running which would indicate a frozen pipe.
When the warmer weather replaced the freezing weather, the ice in the
pipes melted and the water flowed out of the pipes. Neighbors noticed
water running out of the houses from under the garage doors and burst
sillcocks.

Sounds expensive, to me. I help take care of a couple
trailers, for the church. Have to blow out the lines,
and then pump pink stuff through, to chase any traces
of water. Drain the small water heater.

--
..
Christopher A. Young