Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT? Perhaps. Are You A Heavy Sleeper?

On 2/9/2014 10:14 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Is your alarm clock loud enough to wake you in the morning? I know
a fellow who was so hard to wake that he took a lamp timer and a
120 volt 10" fire bell to use as his wake up alarm. I believe it
spooked the neighbors too. This is a link to a video of steps one
guy took to wake himself up in the morning. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEH5GxPNO8

TDD

On a slightly similar note, I just bought a new alarm clock for my
basement. I don't need an alarm clock, just wanted a clock to put on
a shelf so I could quickly glance up and see the time. I was
actually replacing a really, really old alarm clock that died.

Anyway, instead of a snooze button, the new ($10) alarm clock has a
"snooze leg". There are four really short "legs" on the bottom of the
clock with a rubber pad on each one. Typical anti-skid set up. What's
different in this case is that one of the front legs is actually the
snooze button. If you hit the top of the clock just about anywhere,
it closes the leg switch and sets the snooze.

Pretty interesting design. It's probably cheaper to make the case
without a snooze bar on top and the user doesn't have to search for a
snooze bar, he can tap the top of the clock just about anywhere. Your
classic win-win.

It's probably because when you wake up some ornery critters, they slam
the darn alarm clock radio. Some of them need Nerf alarm clocks because
some irritable types will throw an alarm clock across a room. ^_^

TDD