Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Virginia wants $160,000 back

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 11:25:47 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sun, 9 Feb 2014 03:07:31 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

wrote:

Oren wrote:

Buyer's remorse. Bought land 30 feet from home owners bedroom window.

Video:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3171625043001/buyers-remorse-state-says-it-overpaid-for-homeowners-yard/#sp=show-clips

Court is in session on Monday.

Of course the state paid too much for the land. Who would pay a quarter

million for a yard with a freeway ramp running through it?

I say the homeowner hoodwinked 'em and should pay them back. :-)

Bull ****! The assessor who "over valued" the property should have

their wages garnished until any over payment is recovered. If what

the city of Virginia Beach is alleging is true the assessor is the one

that screwed up not the home owner.

There is a lot missing here. From the pics of the property, the amount
the state paid appears way out of line and the amount the state says
should have been paid, $90K, appears closer to reality. If I had to guess,
I'd say the $250K may have been the value of the entire property and
that's how they made the mistake. It's a small house and the interstate
was already close to it. They make it sound like the interstate just
suddenly showed up 30 ft from his window. It looks to me like it was
always just one lane further away. They added a lane to make the exit.

They're all misleading here. Fox says the $250K appears to have been
a "fair" price. On what basis? The state says they aren't asking for
their money back, but they are suing the owner for exactly that.
Interesting case. IDK how the laws and case law work on something like
this.