Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default I have no water

"jamesgang" wrote in message
On Friday, February 7, 2014 5:02:03 PM UTC-5, Gz wrote:
About a week ago my water stopped coming into house. This is another fix

upper which I shut the water off when I leave. This was at the end the

extreme Cold spell average zero, two weeks ago. been looking for water
each

day inside.

There is no dripping out of inside shutoff ball valve. I listened to
pipe,

no sounds. No visible outside water accumulation. I'm trying t find the

outside shutoff, since some gravel was added, and now iced up. Today I

pushed plastic tubing thru ball and feed pipe. I think it went all the
way

to outside shutoff.

Next week calling water company after I locate shutoff. Mystified. In see

cutout of laid asphalt across street. Blue arrow on top. The gas and
water

lines were marked by first call in the fall. I had to get new gas lined

installed about 15 foot or less.

Greg

Most of the time the shutoff is at the meter. Do you have a meter? I
think if you can push a snake or wire through then there is equipment that
can trace it.

Mine wasn't. It was under the house. The contractor I had who replaced the
broken pipe to the mainline after the repair two years ago didn't hold, put
a new one in for me near the front door. He said there was no way I would
have ever found it. And there is no way I am going under that house!