Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Ice Maker Rocker Switch?

On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 21:44:35 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 2/8/2014 8:25 PM, micky wrote:
On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 12:22:02 -0800, Oren wrote:

Ice Maker stopped making ice. I suspect it is the rocker switch -
OFF/ON. When move it to ON it moves back to the middle and will not
stay in the ON position.

**Hey, if you never turn the ice maker off, you can skp the switch and
just connect the two leads. Heat shrink tubing, or silicon tape, which
when stretched and applied tightly, in a day or less turns into one big
waterproof blob. Heat shrink is better when the wire starts off in
two pieces.

I did that with the lid safety switch on my old
washing machine. I live alone, and no pets or
children were killed in the operation of my
washing machine. In the case of your ice maker,
I'd jump it out (safely if possible) and see if
that helps.

With my first washing machine, that I'd found on the street in front of
my apartment building, I spent an hour drilling the rivets out of the
lid switch and repairing the switch and reinstalling it, and then I
immediately stuff a paper wad in the slot so the switch would be closed
even when the lid was open. Somehow, the "wasted" hour didn't bother
me at all.