Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wood heat in a shop

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:06:38 PM UTC-5, Gunner Asch wrote:

They are a Government institution. You expect them to do things

efficiently and smart?

Some government institutions are better than others. I have known some government engineers that were smart and effective, and others that just filled a slot. And then there were a few that made things worse.

And some government institutions are reasonably efficient. I was in the Navy and had a good deal of interaction with the navy after I was out. And while they were not perfect, they were not terrible. The Navy missile program had a lot to do with establishing the GPS system. And DARPA has sponsored some good things. Most CNC programs are extensions of DARPA research.

When I was building houses , the FHA and the Forest Products Labs had some good publications that I used. But I am not impressed with what the EPA has done as far as Wood Stoves. My impression is that they established some standards , but did very little as far as research on improving wood stoves.

Dan