Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Ice Maker Rocker Switch?

Oren wrote:
Ice Maker stopped making ice. I suspect it is the rocker switch -
OFF/ON. When move it to ON it moves back to the middle and will not
stay in the ON position.

The switch will be ~ $30 online with shipping.

If I pop the switch out, remove it, how can I bypass it to test the
ice maker again - do I just jumper the two wires together?

Frigidaire Switch:

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/frigidaire-switch-kit-5304465210-ap4327325.html

Shorting the switch wires should work, but be aware of something...

My GE's ice maker is wired through the switch that controls the freezer
light. When the door is opened and the light comes on, the power to the ice
maker is cut off.

Since my ice maker has a drawer that slides out, they kill the power to the
ice maker so that it won't dump ice on the bottom of the freezer should it
just happen to be at that point of it's cycle when the drawer is pulled
out. It was probably easier to wire it through the light switch than add a
separate switch at the drawer.

To test the ice maker with the door open, the user has to remember to press
the light switch in.