Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craftsman snowblower lacks throwing power

On Sat, 08 Feb 2014 08:08:33 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/7/2014 11:45 PM, Eddie wrote:
My craftsman snow blower is about 5 years old. The last couple storms I've
noticed that it is lacking power when it comes to throwing the snow
through the shoot. It seems to clog a lot more then usual as well. I'm not
sure if there is a belt that may be loose .if that's the case where is it
and how do I access it?

There is a belt. Not knowing if your have a single stage, two stage, or
whatever, I have no idea where the belt is. Look for a shroud you can
remove.

Find the manual and it probably tells you what you need to know.

There will be 2 belts running off the end of the crankshaft. The
drive section and blower section of the blower are connected with 4
bolts. The bottom 2 pivot, the top 2 hold it together. You "break the
back" of the blower to access the belts. Not a job for the
mechanically timid and inept, but not a difficult job for the intrepid
do-it-yourselfer.