Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default windows?

On Sat, 8 Feb 2014 16:09:38 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On one job, one of my colleagues slightly cracked a new window he just
put in. The tenant made him replace it again before we left the job.

If I was the tenant I'd make the installer replace it also. Who do you
think the landlord is going to blame once the installer leaves? At a
minimum I wouldn't put my security deposit at risk by letting the installer
leave without documenting that he broke the window and that a replacement
was on order.

....plus if Argon filled they loose insulation value.

On a rental I owned, de-glazed the stationary glass pane that was
cracked. I had a local window shop make me a new one. Putting it in
I made a crack ~ 1 inch in the corner. Pulled it back out and
returned to the shop for another one. The shop guy mentioned it would
cost me again. I explained that it was my fault so I would not expect
him to just make me a new one. Hung around the shop while they made
me a new one. I did ask them to make a tad smaller by ~ 1/8 inch.