Posted to sci.electronics.repair
2phar 2phar is offline

Default Benq G2420HD power supply heat issue?

On 2/8/2014 1:16 AM, Michael Black wrote:

Are you sure you got all the capacitors?

I dragged a 19" Acer monitor home, and it worked fine, or so it seemed.
But if I left it on, it would go into standby and then I couldn't get it
activated again, the Acer logo would go on and nothing more. I changed
the obvious capacitors and it's fine. So it was resetting because one
of those bigger electrolytics in the power supply wasn't quite right. I
nitially thought it was something else, but changed the capacitors
because it was easy.

Michael

I replaced them all except the big 450V one.. mainly cos its not even
included in capacitor repair kits and everyone seems to say failure of
it is extremely rare.