Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Chimney liner

On 02/07/2014 06:37 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
philo posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 02/06/2014 07:05 PM, wrote:
I'm pulling the liner through an existing 5" hole in my basement and the wye will not be in the chimney

OK, I was just curious ... I'm not qualified to give advice.

Ding ding ding!! I believe this is the first time I have ever seen a post like this!
Qualifications never stopped anyone before. Like politicians, journalists, liberals.

I feel confident giving advice in several areas:

If I have first hand knowledge, I'll give advice.
You wan to know something about lead-acid batteries...
I did that for 38 years and will give all kinds of advice.

I'll also give advice in areas where I'm reasonably sure I'm right...but
if I'm wrong...no harm would be done.

"What's the best type of duct tape?"

In this situation, concerning the exhaust of waste gas containing carbon
monoxide...I'm not going to give advice. I even asked of friend of mine
who is a building inspector, but did not relay his information as for
some odd reason it did not sound quite correct to me.