Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26948 Ignoramus26948 is offline

Default Wood heat in a shop

On 2014-02-07, wrote:
On Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:45:30 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus18213 wrote:

Once I understood what it was all about, it made complete sense to me

and I do not think that EPA is on a very wrong track. What it wants is

stove designs that burn better and emit less smoke.

But the EPA is not doing all it could to get people to use better
stove designs. The EPA is never going to manage to prevent people
from building wood stoves. And as it is most of those home built
stoves will not burn well and will emit a lot of smoke. But if the
EPA did some research on wood burning and set up some way for people
to purchase EPA approved plans for high efficiency wood stoves.
Then people would build better stoves and there would be less
pollution. In fact if people could purchase a right to build a good
wood stove at a reasonable price, I think people would replace the
poor designed stoves with better stoves.

So I think the EPA is on the wrong track, or at least not the best
track.

It regulates what it can, which is commercial stove industry. And it
demanded that the industry makes stoves based on modern less-polluting
designs.

Makes sense to me. Stoves are not banned, they just need to be made
right. Existing stoves are not affected.