Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default OT - PBS Special - "Super Skyscrapers"

Robert Green posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

The real question is what would you do with an open window at 1,200 feet? I
guess you could stow a paraglider or a repelling kit. Plenty of people
"base jump" off tall structures and survive. Getting the window open or
broken out in these new hi-rises, at least from what I saw last night, won't
be an easy task. I'd at least keep a very long-handled sledge hammer
around. (-:

How many 1200' ropes will be required for each office? What if the fire is 6 stories below you?
There have been many ideas on how to rescue victims from those heights. From chutes to ropes to nets.
Ever rappel? You better have it experienced it before having to do it. Having the windows open will
cause all sorts of problems with airflow during fires. That is why HVAC systems will reverse with
fire detection system initiation.

--
Tekkie