Steve

Default Re-routing "pyro" electical power cables

Frisket wrote:

as we've started using it in fire alarm circuits in place of the modern fp200 cable and they've never had
to make it off before.

Why the switch back to Pyro ?

Stripping it back and potting a new gland is not for the faint hearted or uninitiated.

Only a pro should attempt it without the right tools. And getting the
local scruff in the electrical disties to under stand what you want is
fun. They have to go and get "The Boss" - a grizzled tiem served sparky,
who, as you say, lights up when pyrotenax is mentioned !

A single "fanny hair" (technical term) of outer caught in the compound is enough to cause a major fault and as for damp...

We had bloody great roll of old stuff at work that we needed to use, but
its leakage current was 'orrible. So we stuffed a 12V 30 A supply up it
for about a week....Leakage dropped to 10 Meg

Steve