Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Rodney Pont[_5_] Rodney Pont[_5_] is offline

Default I bought a Moto G from Motorola, and it doesn't come with a CHARGER!

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:09:15 -0500, SC Tom wrote:

3.1 Amps on each port simultaneously is six amps of power
(if it really can do that) out of a cigarette lighter socket!

OOps. Six amps of current (not power!).

The power would be 6A x 5V = 30 Watts!

I find it strange that the power points in my Escape are fused at 15A, and
my lighter is on a 40A fuse! I kinda would have thought it would be the
opposite.

Don't forget that the lighter is a short when you first press it in and
the resistance rises as it heats up so it will take a large initial
current which drops as it heats.

At 12v 30W is 2.5A and they wouldn't have any problem supplying that
Danny. I'd expect them to be able to supply 8 amps depending on the
quality of the plug and you can buy sockets rated at 20A.

--
Faster, cheaper, quieter than HS2
and built in 5 years;