Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT - PBS Special - "Super Skyscrapers"

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

When I watched it I couldn't help thinking what a similar TV segment

might
look like if a modern day video crew were magically able to film the

pyramid
builders describing the fine points of their construction work.

--
Bobby G.

Well the History Channel DOES have their series on ancient aliens that
delves into that very issue. (grin)

The History Channel surely isn't what it used to be. It's like they say
about VH-1 - "It's hard to believe we ever had *anything* to do with music."
Change "music" to "history" and VH-1 to the History Channel and it's the
same thing. I just dropped my expanded cable package because I was done
with "Ancient Aliens" and "Finding Bigfoot" and "Duck Dynasty" and
"Pit Bulls and Parolees" and alls sorts of other useless crap. Most of what
I watch is available OTA on HDTV with better quality video that the highly
compressed feed that Comcast provides.

A while back on one of the local public access channels I saw a series that
attempted to present historical events like the plague through the eyes of
modern day newcasters. It was way more interesting than most of the crap on
CATV these days.

Does anyone recall the segment called "Cops - in Ancient Egypt" on the short
lived Ben Stiller comedy show on Fox a decade or so ago? A great take-off
on the long-running "live" police series and some pretty funny stuff.

--
Bobby G.