Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Water Heater Drainage

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 20:50:14 -0600, philo* wrote:

snip

Do not be offended by the suggestion to not drain it.

In the future, at install (new unit) , before connection or filling
with water - remove the plastic parts and install a brass quarter turn
ball valve.

More reading here

http://www.wral.com/why-draining-you...take/12282424/

In all my years I never had a tank leak while living in a home as a
renter or as home owner. Retired and then thought, I have the "time
to do this now". Bang. Weeks or less later; the tank leaked.

As to youtube videos, in some instances - they are outright dangerous
and deadly if you follow them.

....'if it ain't broke don't fix it"