Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Water Heater Drainage

On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 18:55:43 -0600, James wrote:

On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 16:33:23 -0600, Oren wrote
(in article ):

On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:33:42 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I believe what he is saying is that the pan edge
is so close to the drain connection that he can't
get a hose on it. That's why I suggested a 90deg
elbow that's available in the garden supplies might
be an option.

I read it that way. However, most (all?) tank hose bibs are ~ 10-12
inches up the side and not where a drain pan would interfere with the
ability to drain the tank with a hose connection.

The hose bib is only about 2-1/2" from the bottom of the tank

How deep is the pan?

I offer you an apology. A troll, Jimmy, started anther thread on the
same subject. Trying to imitate you. He is a canuck from Canada.

Posing as you and I now see your are not the one. Sorry.
--
'...we don't wanna bring our guns, but ready if it goes there -- Madison Rising