David Hall

Default Need psyciatric advice

(George) wrote in message . com...
I decided recently to build some shelving units in my Garage.
Basically, I have accumulated so many tools, supplies and jigs etc,
that I have pushed both cars out of the garage. SWMBO is very
supportive and doesn't seem to mind that I spend thousands of dollars
on tools and wood and spend the whole weekend in the garage making
sawdust and drinking beer, as long as she occassionally gets a piece
of furniture out of the deal.

Anyway, here is my problem. For a set of garage shelves, what I
really needed was some 2/4 structure with some particle board shelves.
Probably a weekend's work.

But noooo.. I decide to make a massive birch cabinet 10 feet wide, two
feet deep and 8 foot high, complete with doors. Also, I am finding
that the longer I am in this darn hobby, the more fussy I get. A cut
this is off 1/64th I have to force myself not to scrap. I have been
tinkering with this thing a couple hours every other day for a week or
so and I got to wondering.. why? Why do I have to have a cosmetically
perfect shelf for the garage? I am wondering if I am going insane.

Any thoughts?

George

Yes, you are going (have gone)insane. Why else would you give SWMBO an
occasional piece of furniture out of the deal. It is your shop and
your hobby. The only thing that you should be building is shop stuff
like jigs, fixtures and shop cabinets. Sheeeesh - what were you
thinking. Just put the defective cabinet in the house (call it her
occasional piece of furniture if needed for marital bliss)and build a
perfect one for the gar...uh shop. BTW, why did you ever have cars in
your shop? I just don't understand.

Dave Hall