Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico[_2_] Danny D'Amico[_2_] is offline

Default I bought a Moto G from Motorola, and it doesn't come with aCHARGER!

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 07:59:10 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Your nightmare has only just begun.

Hi Jeff,

While I abhor needlessly-multi-page howto articles, I read your reference:
http://instructables.com/id/Modify-a...an-iPod-iPhone

What I learned was, for the Apple USB charging standard:
a) 2.0 V on D+ and 2.0 V on D- puts out 500 mA on the power pins
b) 2.0 V on D+ and 2.8 V on D- puts out 1 A on the power pins

It was also interesting that the author chose 220 Ohm & 330 Ohm resistors
because the ratio is what matters, more so than the resistance itself.

What I learned from this is to make sure that I buy a charger that is
to the EU or Chinese standard, and not to the Apple standard.

Also, I realized, from this article, that I *probably* could convert
my dual port chargers from having one port at 1.0 A and another at 2.1 A,
to both ports being at 2.1A, but, that's just a hunch at this point.