Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: Damn Cigarettes

On 2/6/2014 9:45 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:30:02 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Government restriction of any form causes crime.

Sorry, can't agree with that. While some of it maybe true, there are
far too many benefits to regulating certain things that is ignored by
your statement.

Regulation and restriction are two different things.

And, you're missing my point. Whatever crime that might be attached to
restricting or taxing cigarettes is easily outdone by the devastating
effects and costs that tobacco use has on society.

I disagree, and those living in the southern US border towns that are
being murdered because of the trafficking caused by government laws
restricting any number of products would probably disagree too.

Granted cigarette smoking is harmful to your health but if warning
labels and ads on TV and health education at the doctors office and in
schools is not enough then adding taxes is not going to do any thing but
prompt smokers to obtain their tobacco in another way, and that is
typically is illegal.