Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Ping for Andrew Gabriel

On 05/02/2014 17:52, fred wrote:

Designing this properly is tricky, if I was doing a product design with
something like this in I'd be choosing my LEDs carefully from low
current, high efficiency but pulse capable ranges and operating it at as
low a current as possible, 2-5mA max, to reduce component stress.

Thanks for the details .... it was the extreme simplicity of the cct
that was attractive .... I'm at the point of changing the whole
concept and use Mains neon indicators instead ... :-(

Would also avoid need to create a PCB ...