Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default blind ATM operators

On 02/05/2014 08:03 PM, Oren wrote:

Went to work one day after my days off.. Someone had put two guys in
the same cell. Finally, I called the Psychologist and TOLD him to do
something. I didn't care what, but I wanted a separation of the two. I
could have made the quarters change on my own but I really wanted to
know what was going on in the unit.

Found out one was schizophrenic and the other manic depressive. Those
do not seem to play well in a confined space.

One had been brought back to the USA on a federal prisoner exchange,
after a long term in a Bolivian prison.

Mental illness is a tough one. In order to deal with it, the person has
to be aware that they are mentally ill and they have to /want/ to
improve themselves.

I have a friend who is very ill with schizophrenia (or possibly
schizoaffective disorder) but absolutely believes he is not ill and
absolutely refuses to take his meds. He has been in prison for most of
the past 15 years.

Even if one is aware of their disorder and takes their meds, the side
effects can be horrendous.

With the proper care and environment I have seen a lot of really great
success stories. People I know through the place had been written off by
their doctors but are now working full or part time...or doing what we
call "transitional employment".