Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default "Toilet fishing apparently banned at Sochi Olympics"

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 17:59:26 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I used to work in a Chase Manhattan branch in NYC back in the mid-70's. We
had one of the early ATM machines, back when they were _only_ in the
lobbies of the banks, only open when the branch was open, and only worked
with brand new bills.

I had an account at Citibank in NYC when teller machines arrived, in the
mid 70's. I made a test run, to see if the machine would give me
money, and it wouldn't. Otherwise I might have relied on it to give me
money the next Friday before a weekend trip.

I guess they fixed the machines in less than a month.

Back then, at least in our branch, deposits were much more common than
withdrawals. We were a commercial branch in an area with a lot of mom and
pop businesses - dry cleaners, deli's, barber shops, corner pharmacies,
etc.

I've never relied on an ATM for a deposit.