Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default cabinetry question

On 2/5/2014 8:08 PM, dpb wrote:
On 2/5/2014 6:45 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/5/2014 12:55 PM, dpb wrote:
On 2/4/2014 11:45 AM, dpb wrote:
On 2/4/2014 9:36 AM, Leon wrote:

Then how do you deal with the inside corners, if you use the router?

Either leave or more commonly touch up by hand, obviously.

Which is, of course, no different in principle than if use the block
plane or other hand tool for the purpose ...

--

FWIW I considered the original OP's comment to " knock down" the corners
so that the finish would adhere better to mean simply make the edge less

And if that were the case you might as well sand everything, the edges,
lightly rather than use a tool for the same purpose and still have to
hand sand the corners.

But if you are changing the profile then you would truly and obviously
have to touch up by hand.

Well, the discussion at the point I entered centered on using a router
for the job and I commented that instead of a roundover I more often use
a chamfer with a very small cut instead. End result is about the same
as a single stroke of a block plane which barely noticeable -- the
disadvantage is it takes a little to set up, the advantage is that if
there's any grain variation the router doesn't have to worry about the
direction as may have to with the plane.

--

Start a book in the middle and you miss a lot. ;~)

But, the beginning comment did mention a router to knock down the edges
but no mention of doing anything past knocking down the edges.

And concerning a router not having issue with grain direction, yours
must be magical. ;~)