Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Beal Howard Beal is offline

Default Reliable Tool bankrupt

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 06:01:31 -0600, Ignoramus10135

On 2014-02-05, Howard Beal wrote:

Seems even shill bidding could not save them.

http://business-bankruptcies.com/cas...iable-tool-inc

Scary... Anyone has any idea what killed them? They always seemed to
get such high prices for their stuff (shill bidding noted astutely,
however)

After a while I stopped looking at their stuff because of the prices,
even if it was something I'd like to have. If most folks did the same,
they failed because of the prices. I don't look on ebay much anymore.

Pete Keillor

Likewise, not to many bargains on ebay anymore. Most of the stuff
is being offered by dealers at high prices. I noticed that ebay is showing
merchandise from dealers stores as newly listed when it is realy the
SOS listed maybe months ago. You also see a lot of harbor freight
resellers. The new cassini search sucks big time. The related to feature
is usually funny in what it presents as a result. The new search steers
bidders to the higher priced items from dealers ebay likes. Some
sellers claim the search will not display thier listings in cassini. I have
come up with some work arrounds to beat cassini defects. The
cassini search is so hated ebay fired the engineer in charge of
developing it.

Best Regards
Tom.