Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default "Toilet fishing apparently banned at Sochi Olympics"

Per philo*:
But more than 20 years for petty theft? sheesh he should have been a
murderer instead, they only get five years it seems.

I'm pretty sure they hung a number of murders on him. Early in the
game when he knew law enforcement was closing in, he killed some of the
kids working for him to prevent witnesses.

I'm pretty sure the guy's name was Bruce Johnston and that the movie "At
Close Range" was based on the gang's history. Sean Penn played his son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Johnston_(criminal)

According to the Wikipedia article, I had it wrong and it was Bruce's
brother Norman that escaped in 1999.

Also, the Wiki article does not say anything about the gas pump incident
- but I did read that part in one of the local papers.
--
Pete Cresswell