Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Lowe Bob Lowe is offline

Default AIRCRAFT QUALITY BOLTS

replying to Bob Lowe, Bob Lowe wrote:
Bob Lowe wrote:

Hi again- Apparently there is no standard 'Grade' for Aircraft hardware

such
as
bolts and nuts, only Aircraft 'Quality'. Does anyone know of any

'Standards'
for this 'Quality'? The best that I can determine is that each manufacture

of
Aircraft Quality Hardware have their own standards and are not made to any
'Industry' standards. I have found out that some manufactures will not

even
give a PSI rating for their nuts and bolts, only stating that they are of
'Aircraft Quality'. Can anyone put more light on this?
Thanks,

Hi guys - I am making progress, thanks...found a wealth of info on the
AC43.B-1B concerning identification of the hardware and some torque and
dimension specs but didn't find much on the actual specs other than that,
but I sure haven't read it all. I did come across what may be called a
basic AN Bolt Designator that may be interesting and necessary as a first
step, at: Challengers 101.com/ANBolts. I did find a good site for some
actual manufacturing specs on AN Bolts but then lost it and couldn't find
it again. And I did find a whole lot a places that would like one to buy
this information. I am finding it hard to get into any of the Gov
specific information. I will persevere, and thanks again for everything.

Bob Lowe

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ts-592658-.htm