Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Current Transformer & heating controller.

"Kristian Ukkonen" wrote in message

In the OP case I would do it so that if the microwave etc. is
used and the current (microwave + heater) comes too big, the heater
will be switched off for 5 minutes (or such time). After 5 minutes,
if current demand is small enough, heater continues to heat. If
there is again too much current demand, the heater is off another
5 minutes. etc..

That is quite easy to do. Current sensing relay controlling timer
relay
controlling heater contactor/relay. Also, the heater doesn't really
mind being off 5 minutes or 10 minutes. The thermal mass of the room
is
big enough. It will lowpass-filter any short stopping of heating.

That's just how I would do it.
Many ways to do the same end effect, I agree.

If I had the problem I'd add a remote time-delay-relay control that
shuts off the heater during meal prep to avoid the race between the
current-sensing relay and the overloaded breaker.
http://www.pexsupply.com/Fantech-FD6...FW3NOgodlzkA3w
jsw