Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Ping for Andrew Gabriel

On 04/02/2014 20:55, fred wrote:
In article , Rick Hughes
writes
On 03/02/2014 23:39, fred wrote:

Actually no, the values I recommended are those given in my second post
in this thread[1] but you have chosen to ignore them.

No ... not intending to ignore value, apologies if you think that.. but
you posted for 7.5mA which would seem too low, I want to get closer to
20mA nominal for LED ........ but accept your warning over 0.47uF
capacitor being too big.

I had assumed in your post when you wrote:
"if you go for 20mA then you will limit your pulse resistor size to
about a quarter of the sizes I suggested (power = I sqrd x R), you will
be limited to 1k "

Assumed that this meant use 1K as the current limiting resistor .... if
this is incorrect, what value should be used with a 0.22uF capacitor ?

I will also try the 100nF & 4k7 option you give .... so I can test both