Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default Cost of trailer heater tape?

On 2/4/2014 5:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Guy across the street from me had his water
freeze, again. He didn't leave a faucet drip.
He'd seen ad for plumbing, and called them.
They came out, and put on 50 feet of heater
tape, under his trailer.

What's that all supposed to cost? I don't know,
never had it done.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to charge extra for having to crawl under
a trailer in weather like this. After all, your neighbor didn't want
to do it himself. Assuming it took less than two hours to do the job,
I wouldn't be surprised if the plumber charged $200-$300 for his
labor, plus the cost of the tape.