George

Default Need psyciatric advice

I decided recently to build some shelving units in my Garage.
Basically, I have accumulated so many tools, supplies and jigs etc,
that I have pushed both cars out of the garage. SWMBO is very
supportive and doesn't seem to mind that I spend thousands of dollars
on tools and wood and spend the whole weekend in the garage making
sawdust and drinking beer, as long as she occassionally gets a piece
of furniture out of the deal.

Anyway, here is my problem. For a set of garage shelves, what I
really needed was some 2/4 structure with some particle board shelves.
Probably a weekend's work.

But noooo.. I decide to make a massive birch cabinet 10 feet wide, two
feet deep and 8 foot high, complete with doors. Also, I am finding
that the longer I am in this darn hobby, the more fussy I get. A cut
this is off 1/64th I have to force myself not to scrap. I have been
tinkering with this thing a couple hours every other day for a week or
so and I got to wondering.. why? Why do I have to have a cosmetically
perfect shelf for the garage? I am wondering if I am going insane.

Any thoughts?

George