Posted to comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default I bought a Moto G from Motorola, and it doesn't come with aCHARGER!

On Tue, 4 Feb 2014, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Tue, 4 Feb 2014 06:32:44 +0000 (UTC), Cordell James
wrote:

Have any of you bought the $200 Moto G smartphone?

Slow processor, 16GB maximum memory, no LTE, a crappy camera that
takes blurry photos, and a low contrast screen. However, it is cheap,
taudio is good, cellular range so-so, and it's well built.

Did yours come with a charger?
If not, what size charger do we need to buy?

The EU has decided that there should be exactly one standard charger.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_External_Power_Supply
Since you're expected to have exactly one charger for a wide
assortment of devices, the various vendors see no reason to supply you
with a spare charger. I consider this a good idea.
http://sneezypb.tumblr.com/post/15864266395/one-day-son-all-of-these-perfectly-good-a-c

My 16GB Moto G came from Motorola (not from Google Play)
and it arrived only with a white USB cable. There is no
charger! That stinks!

I feel your pain. However, I don't think a $5-$10 charger on eBay or
Amazon will constitute a major investment.

More devices are coming this way. My four year old Sansa Fuze just came
with a cable, no AC adapter. When I got a Kobo Mini ebook reader last
year, it only came with a cable.

But you don't need to spend much. When I got a used TomTom One GPS
receiver at a Rotary Club garage sale last June, I immediately picked up a
couple of suitable AC adapters at garage sales, one for 25cents, one for
fifty cents. The fact that they are now standardizing on a USB type
connector does make it simpler. No need to dig through the box of
adapters to find one that has the right voltage, and then chances are good
the connector is the wrong size and/or the polarity is wrong for the
device. I already had some suitable USB type ac adapters from finding in
th garbage, but it was easier to buy those that day than dig through the
box.

Maybe people won't even need to buy at 50cent level, they can ask family
or friends if they have any lying around (and they may).

Michael