Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Woodworking Show

wrote:
On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 20:16:38 -0500, Bill

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 02:10:55 -0500, Bill
wrote:

-MIKE- wrote:
On 2/3/14, 5:22 PM, Meanie wrote:
The show is finally coming to my area in two weeks. Though, I can
imagine things my vary from show to show (city to city), but overall,
is it worth it to go?
They're not nearly as good as they once were. Depending on who shows
up, Peachtree can end up being 1/2 the show which is sort of lame. If
you haven't kept up with all the new things on the market it's a good
show to see a lot of that. If you keep up with things on the internet,
already, you're going to be saying, "yep, saw that.... saw that... saw
that..." in your head a lot.
I think if you're smart you attend with a "shopping list" in
mind. Impulse purchases are usually not as good as the ones you make
after "doing your homework" (making comparisons, etc.) Lee Valley will
give you free shipping on things you order at the show, I believe (at
least they did a year ago).
Sure, but a lot of the stuff you'd never think to put on your list. I
rarely buy much at the shows (save it for the stores later) but there
are always new (strange) and wonderful things that I wouldn't have
thought about, or real deals on stuff that I wouldn't normally have
bought.

You have the Lee Valley & Veritas catalog right? It's all in there..you
don't even need to leave home.

Believe it or not, there isn't much in there that I really want. I
don't see any "real deals" there, either.

What are these "strange and wonderful things" to which you refer then?
A Powermatic 12" jointer?