Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Anyone under 60 and healthy?

In article ,
Shadow wrote:

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 10:35:58 -0500, Peter wrote:

I'd rather have an insurance company be unable to pay for the med (or
the patient) rather than a bureaucrat in Washington denying
permission for the med.

As someone who falls squarely into the category of "Washington
bureaucrat" for the final 14 years of my military medical career, I very
strongly resent the implication of your statement.

There is no such thing as an "insurance company that is unable
to pay for medicine". When they say that, they mean it might affect
how much cocaine they can buy at the next office party.
Which is why I always say, if there is ever a possibility of a
public health plan, choose that. Only private health insurance will
limit what a doctor prescribes.

That is nonsense. MCare and MCaid has also turned people down for
treatments and other things that the PTB at Center For Medicare?Medicaid
Studies (the people who make the decisions) decided they wouldn't pay
for.
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein