Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default cabinetry question

On 2/4/2014 9:36 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/4/2014 9:28 AM, dpb wrote:
On 2/4/2014 1:33 AM, Bill wrote:
Was listening to an Jim Heavey (WW-Shows) say that he "knocked down" all
corners/edges with a router--because finishes don't adhere to them very
well. He also routes around inset cabinet doors (frames?) to help allow
for wood movement while preserving the appearence. Are both of these
approaches SOP? Thank you for further clarification! I'm sorry if this
is on topic! ; )

As others have commented, at least the minimum w/ a sanding block and/or
block plane or scraper is quite common...on some pieces for a purpose
finish I'll use the router (a laminate trimmer is far more convenient
btw) but with a chamfer rather than roundover--you can make it anywhere
from nearly invisible to a "feature".

--

Then how do you deal with the inside corners, if you use the router?

Either leave or more commonly touch up by hand, obviously.