Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Lowe Bob Lowe is offline

Default AIRCRAFT QUALITY BOLTS

Hi again- Apparently there is no standard 'Grade' for Aircraft hardware
such as bolts and nuts, only Aircraft 'Quality'. Does anyone know of any
'Standards' for this 'Quality'? The best that I can determine is that
each manufacture of Aircraft Quality Hardware have their own standards and
are not made to any 'Industry' standards. I have found out that some
manufactures will not even give a PSI rating for their nuts and bolts,
only stating that they are of 'Aircraft Quality'. Can anyone put more
light on this?
Thanks,

--
posted from