Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone under 60 and healthy?

On 2/3/2014 9:28 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 2/3/14 9:00 PM, Peter wrote:

I never said or implied that no physicians accept pharmaceutical
freebies. I said that such freebies rarely meet State standards
for continuing medical education. Personally, I never accepted
those invitations, found private practice too mercenary, and spent
30 years on active duty as a medical officer in the military. I
happen to agree with your criticism of the pharmaceutical companies
and although physicians cannot be compelled to sign a promise to
prescribe in return for the freebies, the companies' intent is
clearly apparent and those M.D.s' bias to prescribe accordingly
has been well documented, even when it is a subconscious bias. You
jumped to entirely unwarranted conclusions.

There is a not yet approved method to stop bleeding from gunshots:
http://tinyurl.com/ljdq8c9 (Popular Science)

For some time, soldiers have been using over the counter tampons
produced for monthly female hygiene to plug gunshot wounds. I can
imagine the scene when a medic pulls a pink package out of his pack
while treating a soldier who's been shot. Soldiers are very good at
improvising during times of war. ^_^

TDD